Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Rush Limbaugh 1951-2021

 Another giant falls, this time Rush Limbaugh

My first experience hearing the man with the golden EIB microphone was hanging out at a gun shop in 1993, listening to Rush. I became good friends with the guys there, and we would always have Rush on in the afternoon. 

For a Canadian boy just freshly in the USA, it was quite an education. Rush covered all kinds of things that had always puzzled and bothered me, letting some light in to shine on those issues that were never covered by Canadian media. Never even mentioned, for the most part.

Once upon a time I had occasion to visit Rush's hometown of Cape Giraudoux Missouri. In a two or three day trip, I never heard a bad word from anybody about Rush or his family. That's really saying something, when you go to the place where the guy grew up and there's no bad stories being told.

Godspeed, Rush.

1 comment: