Monday, March 25, 2013

Jim Carry: Dumb? Or Dumber?



Jim Carrey getting himself in trouble on Twitter:



yep, that's classy.
Now, I don't know who does Jim's PR these days, but whoever it is needs a smack. While it may seem that everyone in the entire world hates guns from inside the HollyWeird fishbowl, the truth of the matter is that the majority of Jim Carrey's audience is out there buying guns and ammunition at record rates these days. Apart from revealing himself as one more media millionaire with the moral acumen of a garden snail, he's also seriously damaged his own business. What gun owner is going to go see a movie staring a guy who says they're worthless?

This has the potential to be a career crushing meltdown on par with Jesse James cheating on Sandra Bullock, or Tom Cruise going after Brooke Shields for taking anti-depressants. The media won't play it that way, but I'm thinking the box office will. I'd say boycott the SOB, but I haven't seen one of his movies in years anyway.

As one Ontario boy to another Mr. Carrey, I'd get out there and apologize as hard and fast as I could if I were you. Y'all are on the wrong side of the horse this time, cowboy. Bet it kicks.

The Phantom

No comments: