Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Circling the wagons.

With depressing predictability, Barbara Walters on The View sticks up for her good buddy Woody Allen. Whose marriage to Soon Ye Previn  is a "solid, 20 year marriage" and not at all weird despite her being, you know, his adopted DAUGHTER.

On Monday, the ladies of The View discussed Dylan Farrow’s open letter to Woody Allen regarding her allegations that he molested her in an attic when she was seven years old. Incredibly, Barbara Walters went out of her way to defend Allen. She said, “Let me just say a couple things. First of all, the statute of limitations, by the way, if you say ‘Shouldn’t you press charges,’ is over.”

She then read a letter from Allen’s lawyer, and added, “I know Mia [Farrow], I have a good relationship with her, but I’ve been with Woody many times, with his two daughters, he’s got almost a 20-year-old marriage with Soon Yi, which started as a sensation, it’s a solid marriage. He has two children, two girls…I have really seen a father as sensitive and as loving and as caring as Woody is and Soon Yi to this two girls. I don’t know about Dylan, I can only tell you what I’ve seen now…I think that has to be said.”

The article says "incredibly", but there was never any chance that the Hollywood Elite wasn't going to stick up for Woody Allen. He's a good commie, he's got his mind right on all the issues that matter, so a little incest/child molesting/eeeew isn't going top phase them a bit.

Video here, if you can stand it.

Whoopie Goldberg, appropriately, remains silent through the entire exchange. Having covered herself with glory ("it wasn't Rape-rape") defending Roman Polanski, I guess even Whoopie "Mouth The Roared" Goldberg decided discretion was the better part of valor.

I remain pleased that I have managed not to see any Woodie Allan movies since the 1970's. Or any Whoopie Goldberg movies since the 1990's, for that matter.

The Phantom

No comments: