Friday, May 10, 2013

Another day, another vicious state clampdown.

Well, the Defense Distributed guys finally got what they wanted. Their download is shut down by the US government and DEMOCRAT Senator Chuck U. Schumer of Noo Yawk is demanding that the creation of guns on 3d printers be made illegal. He's demanding that the print files for the printers be made illegal. He's demanding that distributing the print files on the InterTubes be made illegal. Because everybody knows:

'We're facing a situation where anyone - a felon, a terrorist - can open a gun factory in their garage and the weapons they make will be undetectable. It's stomach-churning,' he said.

Yeah, that's right! Because a plastic zip gun is SO much more dangerous than a pot full of nails.


I get so TIRED of this Schumer guy and his incessant lying. Let me count the ways.

1. The gun requires a bullet. Which is made of brass and lead. Metal detectors can catch a dime in my pocket at the airport, they can catch a .22 cartridge inside a bulky plastic zip gun. Making Chuck U. a LIAR.
2. The printer which this particular gun is made on costs $8,000 to $10,000 dollars. With that much money I can buy a metal lathe AND a  Bridgeport mill AND tooling AND steel and make REAL GUNS instead of these plastic zip guns. And I'd have enough left over to buy a car too. Making Chuck U. a LIAR.
3. The printed gun in question is a ZIP GUN. I'd link to one of the millions of sites and YouTube videos which detail exactly how to build one of these shit-simple devices, but I don't want a visit from The Man and I don't want my blog taken down, so I'll resist the temptation. Suffice to say I can make a zip gun better than the plastic printed one out of a piece of iron pipe (or anything else that's vaguely round) with nothing more than a hacksaw, a rubber band and a nail. Mythbusters made a cannon out of a tree stump. Making Chuck U. a LIAR.

So chuck you, Mr. Schumer. And the horse you rode in on.

Disclaimer: Because I know that every blog post and email in the entire world is archived forever by the US government, I would like to make it known to any and all government officials of whatever capacity at whatever future date that
A) I am a Canadian citizen,
B) I do not own a metal lathe nor a Bridgeport mill, nor a 3D printer,
C) I have never made a zip gun and have no plans to do so, and finally,
D) Because I am a law abiding citizen of Canada, fully cognizant of the present de-facto policy of Canada that forbids armed self defense to its citizens, should I find myself in need of a gun I will call 911 and have the police deliver one to my residence just like I'm supposed to. Who knows, I may still be alive when they finally get here.

The Ever So Law Abiding And Harmless Phantom Peasant Dude. (Please don't hurt me!)

1 comment:

Alyric said...

I don't think I'm physically capable of commenting on this without going into an unnecessarily long-winded rant, so I'll try to sum my feelings up with a single sentence:

When more than twice as many people in this country are killed with hammers than with rifles, the politician worried about zip guns is a gorram moron.