Tuesday, June 15, 2021

When the N. Korean defectors says Columbia U is crazier than N. Korea...

...then you know it is getting very bad.

When it came to gender pronouns and manipulation of the English language, [Yeonmi] Park was even more confused.

"English is my third language. I learned it as an adult. I sometimes still say 'he' or 'she' by mistake and now they are going to ask me to call them 'they'? How the heck do I incorporate that into my sentences?" she remembered asking herself. "It was chaos. It felt like the regression in civilization."

"Even North Korea is not this nuts," she added. "North Korea was pretty crazy, but not this crazy."

This from a girl who first escaped North Korea, and then sex slavery in China, and finally made it from Mongolia to South Korea. She found Columbia abusive.

Eventually, Park stopped arguing with her professors and "learned how to just shut up" so that she could graduate. She reserved her most pointed criticisms for the woke scolds who constantly lament about being oppressed.

"Because I have seen oppression, I know what it looks like," she said. "These kids keep saying how they're oppressed, how much injustice they've experienced. They don't know how hard it is to be free."

"I literally crossed through the middle of the Gobi Desert to be free. But what I did was nothing, so many people fought harder than me and didn't make it," she added.

I saw some of these Columbia/NYU assholes when I was in PT school in the 1990s. I never backed down from a single one of them myself, but then I was huge, male, White and Canadian so I had quite a bit going for me that she doesn't have. I'm sure if I was this girl and worried about my GPA, I'd have shut the hell up.

It isn't like getting up in their faces and calling them on their bullshit made even a tiny pinch of difference anyway. Most of them you would need to literally beat them with a Louisville Slugger to even get their attention. Not really kidding about that. New York liberals are utterly impenetrable. Nothing you can say will raise even a flicker of thought. Even repeated muggings sometimes fail to change their minds. 

Update: Jordan Peterson interviewed Yeonmi Park. Two hours, very powerful story. I recommend it.

No comments: