Wednesday, January 17, 2018

#MeToo: the sharks are jumping.

I called it when they went after Stan Lee, a 95 year old guy who just lost his wife. Other people's mileage differs, the NY Post calls it today.


Men — even decent, sensitive, feminist men — be afraid. This could happen to you.
The hit on Ansari, 34, was posted on Babe.net with someone who identified herself as a now-23-year-old photographer from Brooklyn using the name “Grace.” In a long and anatomically detailed piece, Grace described flirting with the actor, comedian and filmmaker at a Los Angeles Emmys afterparty in September, when she was 22, even though she came with another date and Ansari initially tried to blow her off.
Mr. Ansari's crime, ultimately, was an inability to read this woman's mind. While she was giving him a BJ. The bastard.
And this is the point where it gets tricky. Because Grace apparently believes that Ansari should have been able to read her mind, when a simple “Stop!” would have promptly ended the activities.
“Throughout the course of her short time in the apartment, she says she used verbal and non-verbal cues to indicate how uncomfortable and distressed she was,” Babe reported.
Grace said, “Most of my discomfort was expressed in me pulling away and mumbling. I know that my hand stopped moving at some points.
“I stopped moving my lips and turned cold.”
But Grace couldn’t say if Ansari didn’t notice her reticence or if he ignored it. Only, after she said an unequivocal “No,” he stopped trying to have sexual intercourse with her. He called her an Uber to take her home to Brooklyn.

So, to sum up, when a woman says "Yes! I will do oral with you! And, I will give you a BJ too!" actually means "NO! I do not want to have any sexy things! Stop harrassing me, man!"

And we men are supposed to be able to do this feat of mind reading in the middle of said BJ. Okay? Okay! Good thing we cleared that up. Seems totally reasonable, right? Right? Yeah, no.

Or, we could all admit that there are some women that are flatly out of their damn minds, who hate men, and will do pretty well anything to hurt them. Because if I ever saw an example of a fruitcake hell-bent to hurt a guy, this is it.

The Hurtful Phantom

No comments: